Swimming against the current is fine, even brave and right sometimes, but here we've got situations in which it was definitely smarter to yield to the circumstances... These house owners decided that they could outplay the system, and look at how it ended.
1. He wouldn't sell it for a million dollars.
2. Marie de Cook refused to sell her beautiful thin house.
3. Vera Cooking said "no" to Bob Guccione, the founder of the Penthouse, and then to Donald Trump - both wanted to buy this charming house.
4. Melbourne, Australia. Another stubborn one.
5. A Toronto resident owned a half of a duplex, so...
6. It looks a bit out of place between the skyscrapers.
7. It is situated in China. R for rebellious...
8. Randal Ecker refused to sell his house, so the university had to tolerate this neighbour.
9. Guangzhou, China. Three families refused to leave the house. The construction firm came up with a loop to avoid building on their land.
10. He was offered $3 million, but refused to take it. Later he took $4 million.
11. Though all the neighbouring houses have been demolished, and there is even no street left, the owner refuses to sell his cafe where he has lived and worked for 46 years.
12. Under the bridge.
13. They couldn't knock down this gothic mansion. Now it's a church.
14. One against everyone else. Suzhou, Jiangsu, China.
16. These two tiny tiny houses survived the time.
17. A Chinese family didn't want to move their ancestors' graves.
18. And China again. One family refused to abandon there house though now it's surrounded by highways.
19. Another stubborn Chinese lady.
20. This small pub will definitely become a local sight.
21. Shanghai. "Your problem, guys!"
22. Small but strong!
23 Rockefeller Plaza has two stubborn dwarfs - one to the left, one to the right.
24. Chinese don't give up...
25. Nanning, China, April 2015.
26. Tao Weir, the owner of this cabin, says he enjoys the new view.
27. China. A woman lived there for more than a year after the building had already been half-demolished. Yes, no water or electricity.
28. My land means my land!
29. This village was there for 900 years, but than civilization came...
30. China, Hunan.
31. "Million Dollar Corner"
32. Shanghai, China.
33.The house on the hill wasn't originally on a hill. The construction workers just needed to clear the space...
34. Well, thanks God it's not a football field.
35. No, no, no.